Friday, June 11, 2021

Examine before throwing away

 For an index to all my stories click this text

I found some first generation 12 Volt led-lamps that did not function anymore. So we had to replace them. The strange thing was that althouogh they did not work anymore they made some humming sound. So I took them with me to have a closer look.



Upon opening I stumbled upon this. I never suspected that they had a fan inside !!!



I added a resistor to the photo as a reference so you can see it is indeed a very small fan.

I attached 3 AA batteries in series to the fan as a power supply. They started spinning immediately. The mystery of the humming sound revealed and ......... I have some real good working fans that can operate at 5 volts.

Moral of the story: do not throw anything away before having a closer examination.

Till next time
have fun

Luc Volders