Saturday, May 23, 2015

Scavenging at the flea market


Few weeks ago it was 'Koningsdag' here in the netherlands. The real meaning of this is that it's our Kings birthday. The consequence is that it is a national day off and the complete country is turned into a big Flea market where everybody sells his or hers redundant stuf.

This is the day to score. So that is just what I did.



I bought in total 10 pieces of powersupplies. They vary in voltage between 5 and 12 volts and overall do not have a big output (like a few hundred miliamps) but that is more as sufficient for most projects. I am especially pleased that I found some 12 volt versions as they are capable to power some parts of the ledstrip. In total I scored 10 pieces for 5 euro. That is 50 cents pro piece. Not a bad deal.
There were many more things on sale for a few euro's like keyboards (PS2) CD and DVD writers and computer loudspeakers. Last year I scored a pair of computer speakers for just 6 euro which are now used as speakers for my media player.

Moral of this story: flea markets are a treasury for tinkerers.

Till next time.
Have fun.

Luc