Friday, September 3, 2021

Hook for paintings

 For an index to all my stories click this text

My girlfriend asked me for some help. She is a painter and needed a fast solution to hang some paintings. Mind you she makes miniature paintings. 



In this case it were miniature winter landscapes. They measure about 6 x 4 cm and are frameless. They are painted on wood and it would be allright if I could design something that could be glued on.Wanna see more ? Here is the link to her site: http://elsmulder.weebly.com/



Well that is an easy assignment. I designed it in Tinkercad and within an hour I had printed a few test samples.

Don't be fooled by the picture. The hook just measures 2 x 2 cm and the hole where the rope goes through is just 3 mm.



It works like a charm, and she is very pleased with it.

For larger objects you can glue multiple of these hooks to the back.



You can download the design from Tinkercad and adjust it to your own needs.

Till next time,
have fun.

Luc Volders