Friday, February 23, 2024

Wandbox

For an index to all my stories click this text


While working on projects I often wander the internet looking for drivers and tech news. And sometimes I stumble upon something amazing. That is how I found wandbox.org



wandbox.org is a place where you can test programs. Just point your browser to wandbox.org.

On the left side there is a list of all the languages you can use. Among others there are C, C++, Javascript, Lua, PHP and Python. There are 35 languages you can choose from.



Click on the language of your choice and on the right side you can see which compiler is used to test your program. You can change that by clicking on the X and then choose another compiler from the presented list.



For this example I chose Python as the language and you can see the various versions of the Python language I can use to test my programs. Unfortunately no MicroPython which is used on the Raspberry Pi Pico and Pico W and other microcontrollers like the ESP series. But there is standard Python which is close.



Above you can see a simple Python program and part of it's output.



And here is a small Javascript snippet as a test. This was taken from my alternative website with Javascript tips: https://javascript-tips.weebly.com/
There are more than 500 Javascript tips on this site..........

wandbox.org is a nice addition to my toolbox and great for quick testing programs in the various programming languages I use. And best of all: it is free. Just give it a try.

Till next time
have fun


Luc Volders