Friday, February 10, 2023

Convenient working with Telegram

 For an index to all my stories click this text.

Technology is here to make your life easier. And one of the things I am using frequently now is Telegram. I am using it as a replacement for Whatsapp. Telegram has much more functionality as Whatsapp, is not realted to any of the data sponging companies and allows me to connect my ESP's and other home automation devices.

My ESP's send data and notifications to my Telegram account which is great when I am not at home. But at home I like to work on my PC as it is more comfortable to work on a large screen. And guess what: Telegram can work on your PC as well.

First step is to point your browser to the Telegram webpage : https://telegram.org/



Scroll to the bottom of the page and there look at the Desktop Apps. You can install a dedicated program for your computer but I chose the Web-browser app.



Telegram now asks you to fill in your telephone number and the country you live in. The telephone number mustbe the number with which you activated your Telegram account.



Then you will get a verification screen in which you can check the number which you just filled in.



Telegram then sends a code to your Telegram account. Get that code form your phone.



You need to fill in that code on this screen so it is certified that it is you.



And there we are. Telegram on the PC screen. Much more convenient to work with as with the small phone's screen.

That's it.

Till next time.
Have fun.

Luc Volders